October 08, 2009

A Marines Opinion of the AP

I didn't write this and I do not know the Marine that did, but I think the lame stream media needs to listen very hard.

Disclosure for the following rant: I am a Marine.

So the AP decides to run this picture of Lance Corporal Joshua Bernard as he lay mortally wounded while his fellow Marines gave first aid–against the wishes of his family and protests from the Secretary of Defense Gates. (I will not link to it because I am a decent human being.) The AP’s statement they intended to publish “an image that conveys the grimness of war and the sacrifice of young men and women fighting it.” I’ve got something to convey to you, AP: FUCK YOU, you rotten pieces of liberal shit. You think you pussy-ass photographers with your long lenses have the right or responsibility to convey anything about the grimness of war? Maybe if you could pry your lips off Obama’s cock for a minute, you could actually do your job of informing the public. The average citizen knows we’re at war and that war is grim. Marines live the grimness of war.


We who wear the uniform like our country the way it is (and the way it was). We like it so much we’re willing to die for it, and we don’t ask for much in return. I guess we never realized our SecDef would have to beg you–unsuccessfully–to not make your bones off of a dying Marine who just had his legs blown off. You scum.

Meanwhile, in the same war, British Corporal John Harris gave his life trying to rescue some fucking NYT pussy reporter who went somewhere he was told not to go. It makes me want to puke. If I was ever told I was going into harms way to rescue a journalist, I’d refuse and suffer the consequences. Fuck that. You want me to risk my neck so you can go on trying to convince the public that we should surrender to the terrorists?

Tell you what; the next time you’re trying to score a one-on-one interview with the Taliban and it gets ugly, throw your camera at them."

If you're a reporter, or love CNN/MSNBC/New York Times etc., Consider this before you go on believing everything you hear. We either need to meet the threat with overwhelming force to win, or we need to get the hell out. This half in half out bureaucratic bullshit is getting American Warriors killed and wounded. This isn't a game, and this isn't a chance for notoriety off of the pictures of dead or dying American Warriors. So either support it, or shut up. Because acting like you support U.S. Servicemen & women, while promoting the enemy, is not supporting the U.S. at all. It is blatantly supporting the enemy. There used to be a word for that...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Marine. I thank God men like you serve our great Nation every day. My dad served as a Marine (wounded in Vietnam) and taught me the sacred words "Semper Fi" at a young age. He, too, had absolutely no use for the media in a combat zone. Words cannot describe my sadness and ANGER when AP ran the picture of your brother, Lance Corporal Bernard. And...did you hear the complaints during the rescue of the other reporter? They mourned the interpreter and methods used by the Brits. There was very little mention of Corporal Harris' sacrifice to rescue that reporter. Unbelievable.
All I can say is this American appreciates you and your fellow Devil-Dogs. Thanks for enabling my family to wake up in a free country every day. S/F

Libz Bane said...

The thing that makes me nearly psychotic with anger is the bureaucratic ass dragging by this administration. Obama's ambivalence towards our military is evident in the amount of time he has spent talking to McChrystal. The O met with him when he took over as commander in June, had one video conference and then spent twenty-five minutes with the General while the O was Europe making his failed Olympic bid. Obama doesn't give a damn about the boys getting killed everyday. More have died during his presidency than died between 2001 and 2004 COMBINED. Don't get me wrong. I hated the chicken hawks in DC that got us into this situation in the first place. Thanks to Rumsfeld, Cheney and the Shrub we have the Taliban openly operating in Quetta, Pakistan. Think about that for a minute. Pakistan has nuclear weapons and the Taliban has been relatively successful in their attempt to take over the country. That doesn't leave us with very many options. Barbara Lee, a commie House rep from California, has introduced a bill to stop any troop increase in Afghanistan. Another commie introduced legislation to block any funding increase to the troops. What these f*cks in Congress don't realize is that there behavior is treason. If we can ever get a legitimate government back in DC, I will work long and hard to see that every last one of them is prosecuted. Too bad we can't go old school and give them the punishment they deserve - to be drawn and quartered.